Jeremy Lin signs endorsement deal with Volvo
March 19, 2012
Automaker Volvo announced today it has signed a brand endorsement deal with New York Knicks' Jeremy Lin.
Lin will reportedly become Volvo's brand ambassador for the next two years, with focus in the U.S., China and Chinese-language markets in Asia.
"You may not immediately see the conneciton between me and Volvo, but both of us are striving to be better and smarter at what we do, and to do it our own way," Lin said at a news conference today.
"I hope that my efforts will inspire more young people to follow their ambitions in sports and education, just like Volvo Car Corp. is designing cars around epople's ambitions in life."
Author, former Wall Street Journal writer, and historian William Wong writes about Linsanity in this five-part series:
- Linsanity 5: Confirming stereotypes? by William Wong
- Linsanity 4 Can't escape race no matter what by William Wong
- Linsanity 3: Will fame (‘friend’ of Barack Obama, Donald Trump, Sarah Palin, et. al.) ruin Jeremy Lin? by William Wong
- Linsanity 2: Redefining American by William Wong
- Linsanity 1: Am I Linsane? You Betcha! by William Wong
Woah - Jeremy Lin is on Sports Illustrated Magazine's cover - Will the 'curse' of being on SI's cover jinx him? AsianConnections' editor and New York Bureau Chief Lia Chang is in the midst of Linmania in NYC with this report and a link to the Sports Illustrated story.